This directive outlines the Go-To Gift Giveaway promotion in which Michigan Lottery Account Holders will have the opportunity to earn entries into one $10,000 Grand Prize drawing and to win Lottery Free Play Coupons. This promotion will run from December
1, 2017 through December 20, 2017.
As used in this directive:
- "Account" means a Michigan Lottery Account registered on the michiganlottery.com website.
- "Account Holder" means a person who has a valid, fully registered Account and meets all applicable eligibility requirements.
- "Grand Prize" means a cash prize in the amount set forth in this directive.
- "Free Play Coupon" means a $1.00 Lottery Free Play Coupon, a $2.00 Lottery Free Play Coupon, a $5.00 Lottery Free Play Coupon, or a $10.00 Lottery Free Play Coupon.
- "Multiplier" means a 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X, or 10X multiplier symbol that when revealed, will multiply the number of Grand Prize drawing entries earned by an Account Holder.
- "Instant Prize" means a Free Play Coupon or Multiplier.
- "Microsite" means www.milottogifts.com, the website designed specifically for The Go-To Gift Giveaway promotion.
- Beginning December 1, 2017, Account Holders will have the opportunity to participate in the Go-To Gift Giveaway promotion, where they will have the chance to earn entries into one $10,000 Grand Prize drawing and to reveal an Instant Prize one time
- To earn one daily entry into the Grand Prize drawing, an Account Holder must:
- Go to the Microsite and enter his or her Account credentials, which include the Account Holder’s email address and password,
- select the checkbox agreeing to the promotion’s Terms and Conditions,
- select the "LOGIN" button to successfully login to the Go-To Gift Giveaway promotion.
- To receive a chance to win an Instant Prize, an Account Holder must select one of three digital stockings served to them while logged into the microsite during the entry period for the Grand Prize drawing. All Account Holders that select a digital
stocking will reveal an Instant Prize. Account Holders are limited to selecting one digital stocking per day.
- Account Holders may share the promotion via Twitter or email by selecting the buttons and hyperlinks provided in the Microsite and following the necessary instructions. Account Holders may earn up to one additional Grand Prize drawing entry per day
for sharing the promotion.
- Account Holders are limited to logging in to the Microsite one time per day.
6. Only drawing entries received during the entry period will be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing.
- Notice of this promotion will be provided on MichiganLottery.com, the Michigan Lottery Connect blog, the Michigan Lottery Facebook Page, the Michigan Lottery Twitter Page, paid media and in the Michigan Lottery email campaigns.
- The Grand Prize drawing entry process will be terminated and no entries may be earned after December 14, 2017 at 11:59 PM ET.
- This promotion ends December 20, 2017.
INSTANT PRIZE DISTRIBUTION
- Lottery’s vendor partner, HelloWorld, Inc., who is managing the Go-To Gift Giveaway promotion, will assign Instant Prizes to random, computer-generated times during the promotion in which the first Account Holder to select a digital stocking after
that time will win the corresponding Instant Prize. These random times will be set during the period of December 1, 2017 through December 14, 2017, corresponding with the entry period for the Grand Prize drawing.
- Participants are only eligible to win one Instant Prize each day.
- The number of winners and the values of the Free Play Coupon Instant Prizes are outlined in the table below.
Number of Winners and Coupon Values
|Number of Winners
||$1 Lottery Free Play
||$2.00Lottery Free Play
||$5.00 Lottery Free Play
||$10.00Lottery Free Play
- The values for the Multiplier Instant Prizes and the number of total Grand Prize drawing entries earned are listed in the table below. The number of winners of Multiplier Instant Prizes will be dependent on the number of Account Holders that login
to the Go-To Gift Giveaway promotion per day, select a digital stocking, and do not reveal a Free Play Coupon Instant Prize. If an Account Holder reveals a Multiplier Instant Prize, the value of the Multiplier will be applied to the one Grand
Prize drawing entry that was earned by the Account Holder for logging in to the promotion.
Multiplier Values and Daily Grand Prize Entries
||Number of Daily Grand Prize Drawing Entries Received
- The Multiplier will not be applied to any Grand Prize drawing entries received from sharing the promotion via Twitter or email.
FREE PLAY COUPON FULFILLMENT
- Free Play Coupon winners will receive an automated email sent to the email address provided in the winner’s Account. The email will contain a printable barcode that can be redeemed for Michigan Lottery games at any Michigan Lottery retailer.
- The value of each prize is less than $1,000 and a PA-11 debt check will not be conducted.
GRAND PRIZE DRAWING
One Grand Prize drawing will be conducted to select one winner and five alternates. The confirmed winner will receive a $10,000 Grand Prize. Winners are only eligible to win one time. Winning an Instant Prize does not preclude an Account Holder from winning the Grand Prize.
The entry period, drawing date, number of winners, number of alternates, and prize are set forth in the table below. All times are Eastern Standard Time or Eastern Daylight Time, when observed.
Grand Prize Drawing Details
||Number of Winners
||Number of Alternates
|December 1 – December 14, 2017 11:59 p.m.
||December 20, 2017
||$10,000 Grand Prize |
GRAND PRIZE FULFILLMENT
- One winner will receive a $10,000 Grand Prize.
- The value of the Grand Prize is more than $1,000 and a PA-11 debt check will be conducted.
- The Go-To Gift Giveaway winner will be notified by the Bureau at the email address or phone number provided in his or her Account by Michigan Lottery’s Public Relations team with instruction to claim the prize.
- All winners’ first name, last initial and city will be listed on the Go-To Gift Giveaway Microsite and michiganlottery.com.
INCOME TAX REQUIREMENTS
Prizes over $5,000 are subject to federal tax withholding and state income tax withholding at the current rates in effect at the time of claiming the prize. Any money withheld in compliance with these requirements will be deposited with the state and federal treasuries under the winner’s federal identification number. At the time of the prize payment, the winner that claims a prize of more than $600 will receive a tax statement of gambling winnings (W2-G) which identifies the full amount of the prize awarded and the tax withheld, if any.
In accordance with the Lottery Act, MCL 432.1 et seq, before payment of a prize of $1,000 or more, the Bureau determines, through the Michigan Department of Treasury, if a lottery winner has a current liability to the State of Michigan. If a liability is identified, the Bureau must first apply the amount of the prize to the liability, and the excess, if any, is paid to the winner. Within seven (7) days after paying a prize of $1,000 or more, the Bureau notifies the Department of Human Services of the name of and other available identifying information regarding the winner of the prize and the amount of the prize.
- To be eligible, a recipient must: be at least eighteen years of age; be a Michigan resident; have a valid, active Account; have a valid Michigan address registered with the Account; and be physically located in Michigan.
- Bureau employees or any spouse, child, brother, sister or parent residing as a member of the same household in the principal place of abode of an employee are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Any Bureau contractor or subcontractor or his or her employees who have access to information that is not readily available to the public are also not eligible to participate in this promotion. Information not readily available to the public may include, but is not limited to, Bureau data, books and records, electronic data processing programs, and/or system designs.
An entry is invalid if: altered; counterfeit; defective; unregistered; produced in error; improperly submitted; in violation of any State or Federal law; in violation of any Bureau rule, directive, or condition; or it fails any Bureau security or validation test. Printouts, photographs, screenshots, and other images are not, and will not, be accepted as evidence of an entry or outcome. The only evidence of an entry or outcome is data contained in the Bureau system that passes all security tests, including, but not limited to, verification against third-party systems and transaction history.
Announcement of this promotion may be sent by email, web portals, paid media activities, and/or social media sites.
The Commissioner may terminate this promotion or any part of this promotion at any time without notice. Termination or alteration will be announced on michiganlottery.com.
A valid lottery claim requires compliance with all State and Federal laws, all Michigan Lottery rules and directives, and all michiganlottery.com terms and conditions. A valid lottery claim may not be premised on any erroneous or unauthorized communication, display, or transmission of information regardless of how that information is recorded, displayed, or transmitted.
All transactions and claims are governed by Michigan law and are subject to all Bureau rules, regulations, directives, terms and conditions, and any subsequent changes thereto. All decisions made by the Commissioner are final and binding on every person making a claim. This directive does not amend or replace any other Bureau directive unless expressly stated herein.
Advertising for this promotion will not be directly sent to, and entries will not be accepted from, any person who is on the michiganlottery.com exclusion list. The michiganlottery.com website will include a link to the Bureau’s responsible gaming resource page and contact information for the Michigan Problem Gambling helpline.